We're hiring for experienced patient account representatives
September 29, 2022
Please apply through our job posting on indeed.com: https://www.indeed.com/job/accounts-receivable-specialist-medical-billing-company-496428f8b2630332
Patient Account Representative for Richmond, VA physician billing company
This is a Monday - Friday, full time, onsite, 8:30am – 5:00pm position.
We need team players who are strong self-starters with positive attitudes. You will be responsible for managing your time and workload to achieve results for our clients.
Most important for this job is experience! MUST have at least three to five years in insurance claims follow-up with all payers. Independent problem solving with claim denials is critical.
- At least three to five years physician billing experience with up to date practice management software.
- Follow-up experience with all payers is a must. Candidates will be tested on their knowledge of reading/interpreting EOBs as well as explaining the follow-up steps needed to overcome denial.
- Pursue reimbursement from carriers by phone, email, portal or fax and recording all contact in an electronic tracking system to ensure progress is made on outstanding accounts.
- Identify and respond to patterns of denials or billing practices and perform account investigation as needed to achieve resolution.
- Appeal carrier denials through review of coding, contracts, and medical records.
- Advise management of any trends regarding insurance denials in an effort to identify problems with particular payers.
- Complete required reports and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment with problem solving skills…able to look deeper into an issue and create a solution.
- Comfortable talking with patients about their billing account as well as explaining co-pays, deductibles, etc. to them so they understand their patient responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be required to keep detailed notes in the practice management system.
We offer employer contribution to health insurance as well as long term disability, short term disability and life insurance plans. The pay rate is commensurate with your experience and will be discussed during the interview phase.
We comply with all CDC Covid protocols for businesses.
No phone calls, faxes or drop-ins accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance